Posted by Mike Pensinger (22.214.171.124) on December 30, 2001 at 14:38:22:
I wanted to take a minute to announce to the public that I will be running for President of the club. While elections are suppossed to be held in January I understand that the Officers have voted to postpone them until February.
I have been serving as Vice President since Sammy left and have enjoyed the experience. I have some visions for the club and some directions I would like to see it go in.
I feel that the club needs to get back to its roots as a brewing club and to that end I intend, if elected, to promote brewing through a number of means to include:
1. Group brewing sessions - We have had these before and have a lot of fun doing them. I would like to see one session a quarter if possible. I would also like to see us set up a public brewing demonstration at one of the Homebrew shops or Brewpubs in the area.
2. Promotion of AHA Club Only contests through our Beer of the Month competitions. We have moddeled the BOTM schedule to work with the AHA's schedule so We can send more entries into this National competition.
3. Implementation of the reimbursement of costs for brewers brewing BOTM beers as stated in the bylaws.
4. Incorporation of lectures into the general club meetings on topics such as beer styles, equipment, and techniques.
5. Full support of the HRB&TS Briess Cup competition.
Over the last couple years I have seen our membership dwindle to about half. We can't keep going as a club without bringing new members into the fold. I think that if we concentrate on the basics and brew we will attract those members and more back.
I hope to see you all at the January and February meetings.
HRB&TS Vice President
Post a Followup